Emily Dickinson Poems
- 2251. There Is A Languor Of The Life
There is a Languor of the Life
- 2252. 'Tis Good&Mdash;The Looking Back On Grief
'Tis good—the looking back on Grief—
- 2253. One Need Not Be A Chamber To Be Haunted,
One need not be a chamber to be haunted,
One need not be a house; The brain has corridors surpassing
- 2254. 'Tis So Appalling&Mdash;It Exhilarates
'Tis so appalling—it exhilarates—
- 2255. Some&Mdash;Work For Immortality
Some—Work for Immortality—
- 2256. I Reckon'when I Count It All
I reckonâ??when I count it allâ??
- 2257. Exhilaration'is Within
- 2258. My Eye Is Fuller Than My Vase
My Eye is fuller than my vase—
- 2259. The Sun Is Gay Or Stark
The Sun is gay or stark
- 2260. I'M Ceded'i'Ve Stopped Being Theirs
I'm cededâ??I've stopped being Theirsâ??
- 2261. What If I Say I Shall Not Wait!
What if I say I shall not wait!
- 2262. All I May, If Small
All I may, if small,
- 2263. Nature Is What We See'
"Nature" is what we seeâ??
The Hillâ??the Afternoonâ?? Squirrelâ??Eclipseâ??the Bumble beeâ??
- 2264. Heaven Is So Far Of The Mind
Heaven is so far of the Mind
- 2265. A Something In A Summer's Day
A something in a summer's Day
- 2266. Myself Was Formed'a Carpenter
Myself was formedâ??a Carpenterâ??
- 2267. I Never Felt At Home'below
I never felt at Homeâ??Belowâ??-
- 2268. Sweet Mountains'ye Tell Me No Lie
Sweet Mountainsâ??Ye tell Me no lieâ??
- 2269. Our Journey Had Advanced;
Our journey had advanced;
Our feet were almost come To that odd fork in Being's road,
- 2270. Till Death'is Narrow Loving
Till Deathâ??is narrow Lovingâ??
- 2271. Before The Ice Is In The Pools
Before the ice is in the pools—
- 2272. Banish Air From Air&Mdash;
Banish Air from Air—
- 2273. The Chariot
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves
- 2274. Publication'is The Auction
Publicationâ??is the Auction
Of the Mind of Manâ?? Povertyâ??be justifying
- 2275. "Faith" Is A Fine Invention
"Faith" is a fine invention
- 2276. Dying! Dying In The Night!
Dying! Dying in the night!
- 2277. Going To Him! Happy Letter! Tell Him--
Going to him! Happy letter! Tell him--
Tell him the page I didn't write; Tell him I only said the syntax,
- 2278. If The Foolish, Call Them "Flowers"
If the foolish, call them "flowers"—
- 2279. We Dream'it Is Good We Are Dreaming
We dreamâ??it is good we are dreamingâ??
- 2280. Nature And God'i Neither Knew
Nature and Godâ??I neither knew
- 2281. Faith'is The Pierless Bridge
Faithâ??is the Pierless Bridge
- 2282. Whose Cheek Is This?
Whose cheek is this?
- 2283. Nature, The Gentlest Mother,
Nature, the gentlest mother,
Impatient of no child, The feeblest or the waywardest,
- 2284. He Forgot'and I'remembered
He forgotâ??and Iâ??rememberedâ??
- 2285. Departed To The Judgment,
Departed to the judgment,
A mighty afternoon; Great clouds like ushers leaning,
- 2286. You Love Me'you Are Sure
You love meâ??you are sureâ??
- 2287. The Robin Is The One
The Robin is the One
- 2288. The Months Have Ends'the Years'a Knot
The Months have endsâ??the Yearsâ??a knotâ??
- 2289. Heaven Has Different Signs'to Me
"Heaven" has different Signsâ??to meâ??
Sometimes, I think that Noon Is but a symbol of the Placeâ??
- 2290. To Lose Thee
To lose thee, sweeter than to gain
All other hearts I knew. Tis true the drought is destitute
- 2291. The Wind Didn'T Come From The Orchard'today
The Wind didn't come from the Orchardâ??todayâ??
- 2292. It Would Never Be Common'more'i Said
It would never be Commonâ??moreâ??I saidâ??
- 2293. A Planted Life&Mdash;Diversified
A Planted Life—diversified
- 2294. Suspense'is Hostiler Than Death
Suspenseâ??is Hostiler than Deathâ??
- 2295. Your Riches'taught Me'poverty
Your Richesâ??taught meâ??Poverty.
- 2296. Again&Mdash;His Voice Is At The Door
Again—his voice is at the door—
- 2297. I Cannot Buy It''Tis Not Sold
I cannot buy itâ??'tis not soldâ??
- 2298. There's A Certain Slant Of Light (258)
There's a certain Slant of light,
Winter Afternoons-- That oppresses, like the Heft
- 2299. 'Arcturus' Is His Other Name
'Arcturus' is his other nameâ??
- 2300. Kill Your Balm'and Its Odors Bless You
Kill your Balmâ??and its Odors bless youâ??