Emily Dickinson Poems
- 2101. Fame Is The Tine That Scholars Leave
Fame is the tine that Scholars leave
- 2102. You'Ll Find'it When You Try To Die
You'll findâ??it when you try to dieâ??
- 2103. Have You Got A Brook In Your Little Heart
Have you got a Brook in your little heart,
- 2104. I Had No Time To Hate, Because
I had no time to hate, because
The grave would hinder me, And life was not so ample I
- 2105. Fame Is A Bee
Fame is a bee.
- 2106. My Faith Is Larger Than The Hills
My Faith is larger than the Hills—
- 2107. From The Chrysalis
My cocoon tightens, colors tease,
I'm feeling for the air; A dim capacity for wings
- 2108. I Felt A Funeral, In My Brain (280)
I felt a Funeral, in my Brain,
And Mourners to and fro Kept treading--treading--till it seemed
- 2109. They Shut Me Up In Prose
They shut me up in Prose --
As when a little Girl They put me in the Closet --
- 2110. A Murmur In The Trees&Mdash;To Note
A Murmur in the Trees—to note—
- 2111. Midsummer, Was It, When They Died
Midsummer, was it, when They died—
- 2112. A Doubt If It Be Us
A doubt if it be Us
- 2113. The Birds Begun At Four O'Clock
The Birds begun at Four o'clock—
- 2114. I Sometimes Drop It, For A Quick
I sometimes drop it, for a Quick—
- 2115. A Death Blow Is A Life Blow To Some
A Death blow is a Life blow to Some
- 2116. Me Prove It Now'whoever Doubt
Me prove it nowâ??Whoever doubt
- 2117. To Make One's Toilette&Mdash;After Death
To make One's Toilette—after Death
- 2118. Her Breast Is Fit For Pearls
Her breast is fit for pearls,
- 2119. It Dropped So Low -- In My Regard --
It dropped so low -- in my Regard --
I heard it hit the Ground -- And go to pieces on the Stones
- 2120. Best Gains'must Have The Losses' Test
Best Gainsâ??must have the Losses' Testâ??
- 2121. Not Probable'the Barest Chance
Not probableâ??The barest Chanceâ??
- 2122. Heavenly Father
'Heavenly Father' - take to thee
The supreme iniquity Fashioned by thy candid Hand
- 2123. She Staked Her Feathers'gained An Arc
She staked her Feathersâ??Gained an Arcâ??
- 2124. He Found My Being'set It Up
He found my Beingâ??set it upâ??
- 2125. At Least'to Pray'is Left'is Left
At leastâ??to prayâ??is leftâ??is leftâ??
- 2126. Much Madness Is Divinest Sense
Much Madness is divinest Sense -
To a discerning Eye - Much Sense - the starkest Madness -
- 2127. Presentiment Is That Long Shadow On The Lawn
Presentiment is that long shadow on the lawn
Indicative that suns go down; The notice to the startled grass
- 2128. The Bustle In A House
The bustle in a house
The morning after death Is solemnest of industries
- 2129. Sleep Is Supposed To Be
Sleep is supposed to be
- 2130. The Sea Said 'Come' To The Brook
The Sea said 'Come' to the Brook -
The Brook said 'Let me grow' - The Sea said 'Then you will be a Sea -
- 2131. It Always Felt To Me'a Wrong
It always felt to meâ??a wrong
- 2132. I Haven'T Told My Garden Yet
I haven't told my garden yet—
- 2133. Size Circumscribes'it Has No Room
Size circumscribesâ??it has no room
- 2134. We Thirst At First''Tis Nature's Act
We thirst at firstâ??'tis Nature's Actâ??
- 2135. Least Rivers'docile To Some Sea
Least Riversâ??docile to some sea.
- 2136. If What We Could&Mdash;Were What We Would
If What we could—were what we would—
- 2137. God Permit Industrious Angels
God permit industrious angels
Afternoons to play. I met one, -- forgot my school-mates,
- 2138. Only God'detect The Sorrow
Only Godâ??detect the Sorrowâ??
- 2139. As If The Sea Should Part
As if the Sea should part
- 2140. Our Lives Are Swiss
Our lives are Swiss --
So still -- so Cool -- Till some odd afternoon
- 2141. 'Twas The Old'road'through Pain
'Twas the oldâ??roadâ??through painâ??
- 2142. Spring Is The Period
Spring is the Period
- 2143. I'Ll Clutch'and Clutch
I'll clutchâ??and clutchâ??
- 2144. The Admirations'and Contempts'of Time
The Admirationsâ??and Contemptsâ??of timeâ??
- 2145. Are Friends Delight Or Pain
Are Friends Delight or Pain?
Could Bounty but remain Riches were good -
- 2146. The Sun Kept Stooping'stooping
The Sun kept stoopingâ??stoopingâ??low!
- 2147. Death Is Potential To That Man
Death is potential to that Man
- 2148. Ah, Moon'and Star!
Ah, Moonâ??and Star!
- 2149. The Malay'took The Pearl
The Malayâ??took the Pearlâ??
- 2150. Tell All The Truth
Tell all the truth but tell it slant,
Success in circuit lies, Too bright for our infirm delight