Emily Dickinson Poems
- 2001. To Be Alive'is Power
To be aliveâ??is Powerâ??
- 2002. I Had Been Hungry All The Years-
I had been hungry all the years-
My noon had come, to dine-
I, trembling, drew the table near
- 2003. Unto My Books'so Good To Turn
Unto my Booksâ??so good to turnâ??
- 2004. The Color Of The Grave Is Green
The Color of the Grave is Green—
- 2005. T Was Just This Time Last Year I Died.
'T was just this time last year I died.
I know I heard the corn,
When I was carried by the farms,--
- 2006. Could Hope Inspect Her Basis
Could Hope inspect her Basis
Her Craft were done -
Has a fictitious Charter
- 2007. God Gave A Loaf To Every Bird,
God gave a loaf to every bird,
But just a crumb to me;
I dare not eat it, though I starve,--
- 2008. A Night&Mdash;There Lay The Days Between
A Night—there lay the Days between—
- 2009. The Trees Like Tassels'hit'and Swung
The Trees like Tasselsâ??hitâ??and swungâ??
- 2010. Nature&Mdash;Sometimes Sears A Sapling
Nature—sometimes sears a Sapling—
- 2011. Of Course'i Prayed
Of Courseâ??I prayedâ??
- 2012. The World&Mdash;Stands&Mdash;Solemner&Mdash;To Me
The World—stands—solemner—to me—
- 2013. Four Trees'upon A Solitary Acre
Four Treesâ??upon a solitary Acreâ??
- 2014. Dropped Into The Ether Acre
Dropped into the Ether Acre—
- 2015. A Narrow Fellow In The Grass
A narrow fellow in the grass
You may have met him,--did you not,
- 2016. Love'is Anterior To Life
Loveâ??is anterior to Lifeâ??
- 2017. The Butterfly In Honored Dust
The Butterfly in honored Dust
Assuredly will lie
But none will pass the Catacomb
- 2018. The Outer'from The Inner
The Outerâ??from the Inner
- 2019. Three Times'we Parted'breath'and I
Three timesâ??we partedâ??Breathâ??and Iâ??
- 2020. We Play At Paste,
We play at paste,
Till qualified for pearl,
Then drop the paste,
- 2021. There Is Another Sky
There is another sky,
Ever serene and fair,
And there is another sunshine,
- 2022. The Wind Tapped Like A Tired Man,
The wind tapped like a tired man,
And like a host, 'Come in,'
I boldly answered; entered then
- 2023. Pain&Mdash;Expands The Time
Pain—expands the Time—
- 2024. The World'stands'solemner'to Me
The Worldâ??standsâ??solemnerâ??to meâ??
- 2025. The Red'blaze'is The Morning
The Redâ??Blazeâ??is the Morningâ??
- 2026. The World&Mdash;Feels Dusty
The World—feels Dusty
- 2027. Renunciation
Renunciation -- is a piercing Virtue --
The letting go
A Presence -- for an Expectation --
- 2028. A Shady Friend For Torrid Days
A shady friend for torrid days
Is easier to find
Than one of higher temperature
- 2029. A Lady Red&Mdash;Amid The Hill
A Lady red—amid the Hill
- 2030. What Inn Is This
What Inn is this
- 2031. A Happy Lip&Mdash;Breaks Sudden
A happy lip—breaks sudden—
- 2032. I Saw No Way'the Heavens Were Stitched
I saw no Wayâ??The Heavens were stitchedâ??
- 2033. She Died'this Was The Way She Died
She diedâ??this was the way she died.
- 2034. The Day Undressed&Mdash;Herself
The Day undressed—Herself—
- 2035. Endow The Living'with The Tears
Endow the Livingâ??with the Tearsâ??
- 2036. Ample Make This Bed.
Ample make this bed.
Make this bed with awe;
In it wait till judgment break
- 2037. A Visitor In Marl
A Visitor in Marl—
- 2038. The Woodpecker
His bill an auger is,
His head, a cap and frill.
He laboreth at every tree,--
- 2039. Through Lane It Lay'through Bramble
Through lane it layâ??through brambleâ??
- 2040. These'saw Visions
- 2041. "Nature" Is What We See
"Nature" is what we see—
- 2042. God Is A Distant'stately Lover
God is a distantâ??stately Loverâ??
- 2043. It's All I Have To Bring Today
It's all I have to bring today—
- 2044. The White Heat
Dare you see a Soul at the White Heat?
Then crouch within the door --
Red -- is the Fire's common tint --
- 2045. If Nature Smiles - The Mother Must
If Nature smiles - the Mother must
I'm sure, at many a whim
Of Her eccentric Family -
- 2046. Beauty&Mdash;Be Not Caused&Mdash;It Is
Beauty—be not caused—It Is—
- 2047. How Many Flowers Fail In Wood
How many Flowers fail in Wood—
- 2048. I Am Ashamed'i Hide
I am ashamedâ??I hideâ??
- 2049. My Portion Is Defeat'today
My Portion is Defeatâ??todayâ??
- 2050. As Frost Is Best Conceived
As Frost is best conceived
Total 2404 poems written by Emily Dickinson