Emily Dickinson Poems
- 2151. I Held A Jewel In My Fingers
I held a Jewel in my fingersâ??
And went to sleepâ?? The day was warm, and winds were prosyâ??
- 2152. There Is A June When Corn Is Cut
There is a June when Corn is cut
- 2153. I Shall Know Why'when Time Is Over
I shall know whyâ??when Time is overâ??
- 2154. To Die'takes Just A Little While
To dieâ??takes just a little whileâ??
They say it doesn't hurtâ?? It's only fainterâ??by degreesâ??
- 2155. Of Brussels'it Was Not
Of Brusselsâ??it was notâ??
Of Kidderminster? Nayâ?? The Winds did buy it of the Woodsâ??
- 2156. There Is A Word
There is a word
- 2157. One Year Ago'jots What?
One Year agoâ??jots what?
- 2158. I Can'T Tell You'but You Feel It
I can't tell youâ??but you feel itâ??
- 2159. Nature'sometimes Sears A Sapling
Natureâ??sometimes sears a Saplingâ??
- 2160. I Could Die'to Know
I could dieâ??to knowâ??
- 2161. I Rose'because He Sank
I roseâ??because He sankâ??
- 2162. For Each Ecstatic Instant
For each ecstatic instant
We must an anguish pay In keen and quivering ratio
- 2163. The Judge Is Like The Owl
The Judge is like the Owl—
- 2164. Fame Is A Fickle Food (1659)
Fame is a fickle food
Upon a shifting plate Whose table once a
- 2165. Pain&Mdash;Has An Element Of Blank
Pain—has an Element of Blank—
- 2166. She's Happy, With A New Content
She's happy, with a new Content—
- 2167. Of Bronze'and Blaze
Of Bronzeâ??and Blazeâ??
- 2168. A Charm Invests A Face
A Charm invests a face
- 2169. We Cover Thee'sweet Face
We Cover Theeâ??Sweet Faceâ??
- 2170. Grief Is A Mouse
Grief is a Mouse—
- 2171. Is It True, Dear Sue?
Is it true, dear Sue?
- 2172. 'Tis Anguish Grander Than Delight
'Tis Anguish grander than Delight
- 2173. So Set Its Sun In Thee
So set its Sun in Thee
- 2174. I Cried At Pity'not At Pain
I cried at Pityâ??not at Painâ??
- 2175. He Parts Himself'like Leaves
He parts Himselfâ??like Leavesâ??
- 2176. It Was Not Death, For I Stood Up,
It was not death, for I stood up,
And all the dead lie down; It was not night, for all the bells
- 2177. I'M "Wife"&Mdash;I'Ve Finished That
I'm "wife"—I've finished that—
- 2178. "Why Do I Love" You, Sir?
"Why do I love" You, Sir?
- 2179. You'Ll Know It'as You Know 'Tis Noon
You'll know itâ??as you know 'tis Noonâ??
- 2180. How Happy I Was If I Could Forget
How happy I was if I could forget
- 2181. It Can'T Be "Summer"!
It can't be "Summer"!
- 2182. The Dying Need But Little, Dear,--
The dying need but little, dear,--
A glass of water's all, A flower's unobtrusive face
- 2183. Time Feels So Vast That Were It Not
Time feels so vast that were it not
- 2184. The Missing All'prevented Me
The Missing Allâ??prevented Me
- 2185. Tho' My Destiny Be Fustian
Tho' my destiny be Fustian—
- 2186. Of Being Is A Bird
Of Being is a Bird
- 2187. Despair's Advantage Is Achieved
Despair's advantage is achieved
- 2188. The Black Berry'wears A Thorn In His Side
The Black Berryâ??wears a Thorn in his sideâ??
But no Man heard Him cryâ?? He offers His Berry, just the same
- 2189. Soil Of Flint, If Steady Tilled
Soil of Flint, if steady tilled—
- 2190. Her'
- 2191. Love'thou Art High
Loveâ??thou art highâ??
- 2192. No Bobolink'reverse His Singing
No Bobolinkâ??reverse His Singing
- 2193. By A Flower'by A Letter
By a flowerâ??By a letterâ??
- 2194. Not "Revelation"&Mdash;'Tis&Mdash;That Waits
Not "Revelation"—'tis—that waits,
- 2195. I Think To Live'may Be A Bliss
I think to Liveâ??may be a Bliss
- 2196. Without This'there Is Nought
Without thisâ??there is noughtâ??
- 2197. The Child's Faith Is New
The Child's faith is new—
- 2198. I Took My Power In My Hand
I took my Power in my Hand—
- 2199. I Am Alive - I Guess
I am aliveâ??I guessâ??
The Branches on my Hand Are full of Morning Gloryâ??
- 2200. In Lands I Never Saw'they Say
In lands I never sawâ??they say