86. Keep Going Is the goal distant, and troubled the road,
And the way long? And heavy your load?
87. La Mort D’amour When was it that love died? We were so fond,
So very fond a little while ago. With leaping pulses, and blood all aglow,
88. Lean Down Lean down and lift me higher, Josephine!
From the Eternal Hills hast thou not seenHow I do strive for heights? but lacking wings,
89. Let Them Go Let the dream go. Are there not other dreams
In vastness of clouds hid from thy sightThat yet shall gild with beautiful gold gleams,
90. Leudemanns-on-the-river Toward even, when the day leans down
To kiss the upturned face of night,Out just beyond the loud-voiced town
91. Life All in the dark we grope along,
And if we go amissWe learn at least which path is wrong,
92. Life (ii) Oh! I feel the growing glory
Of our life upon this sphere,Of the life that like a river
93. Life (iii) Life, like a romping schoolboy, full of glee,
Doth bear us on his shoulder for a time.There is no path too steep for him to climb.
94. Life And I Life and I are lovers, straying
Arm in arm along:Often like two children Maying,
95. Life Is Love Is anyone sad in the world, I wonder?
Does anyone weep on a day like this,With the sun above and the green earth under?
96. Life’s Harmonies Let no man pray that he know not sorrow,
Let no soul ask to be free from pain,For the gall of to-day is the sweet of to-morrow,
97. Lincoln When God created this good world
A few stupendous peaks were hurledFrom His strong hand, and they remain
98. Lippo Now we must part, my Lippo. Even so,
I grieve to see thy sudden pained surprise;Gaze not on me with such accusing eyes-
99. Little Blue Hood Every morning and every night
There passes our window near the street,A little girl with an eye so bright,
100. Little Girls Whether you frolic with comrade boys,
Or sit at your studies, or play with toys,Whatever your station, or place, or sphere,
Total 702 poems written by Ella Wheeler Wilcox
Poem of the day
To Rose by Sara Teasdale
Rose, when I remember you,
Little lady, scarcely two,
I am suddenly aware
Of the angels in the air.
All your softly gracious ways
Make an island in my days
Where my thoughts fly back to be
Sheltered from too strong a sea.
... Read complete poem